You know how it is, you sometimes want to add something to a mail after you have closed it, you wished you had put it better, or you think it would be better not sent at all! Well, if you could use a little time to let your mind mull over your mails once you ‘send’ them why not delegate the sending to Rule within Outlook. Here’s how:
Delay delivery of a specific Outlook email message
In the message, click Options.
Under Delivery options, select the Do not deliver before check box, and then click the delivery date and time you want.
Delay delivery of all Outlook email messages
- On the Tools menu, click Rules Wizard, and then click New.
- Click Start from a blank rule.
- Click Check messages after sending, and then click Next.
- Click Next to have this rule apply to all messages, or, to limit the messages that the rule applies to, in the Which condition(s) do you want to check list, select any options you want before clicking Next.
- In the What do you want to do with the message list, select defer delivery by a number of minutes. (Delivery can be delayed up to two hours.)
- In the Rule Description box, click the underlined phrase, a number of, and enter the number of minutes you want messages held before sending.
- Click OK, and then click Next.
- Select any exceptions, and then click Next.
- In the Please specify a name for this rule box, type a name for the rule.
- To have this rule apply to all your accounts and Inboxes, click Create this rule on all accounts.
Of course, you can always contact us directly to tailor a support programme to your needs.